Environment Protection Fund
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
Position Title: Consultant website DB Expert
Location: Department of Forestry (DOF)
As part of the Second Lao Environment and Social Project (LENS2) implementation, a number of national, regional, and/or international consultants will be mobilized to assist the various SDAs to implement the sub-projects. One priority SDA is the Department of Forestry (DOF). DOF has received a $2,8 million to implement a subproject entitled Institutional capacity building for protected area management and wildlife conservation. The sub-project objective is: to strengthen the policy and institutional framework and DOF’s capacity to protect and manage the National Protected Areas and the National Protection Forest (NPF) systems.
Department of Forestry (DOF) now invites eligible individual IT expert/programmer or group of experts to submit your application with cover letter indicating General Qualification and experience in similar assignments.
Position: Developing a web site on tourism and web database for tracking investments in NPAs
Duration of Assignment: 6 months
Objective of the services
(i) To provide technical assistance to the development of a tourism website (in English and in Lao languages) under sub-project Activity 1.2 with the aim of promoting tourism within the National Protected Areas as well as raising the profile of the National Protected Area system; (ii) To provide technical assistance on the establishment and maintenance of an infrastructure database of investment projects (hydropower, mining, roads, utilities, ecotourism, etc.) and concessions (rubber, teak) that impact PAs and a system to monitor them, as well as (iii) To prepare two user manuals on the tourism website and the infrastructure database, and to successfully implement the sub-project activities under this assignment.
- At least held a Master’s Degree in information technology, computer science, multimedia design, web design and interactive media, animation, content management, editing for video and audio, multimedia programming and technology, databases and/or similar specializations .
Adequacy to assignment:
- Minimum of 5 years work experience in designing, developing and maintaining of website and web-based database and applications for development sector project/program in Lao PDR for its long-term functionality;
- At least three similar assignments successfully completed, with supporting reports (with reference provided) .
- Experience of working with government agencies in Lao PDR.
- Skillful and knowledgeable of various software application and web programmes including GIS, Database software, website software, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and email.
- Excellent in Lao and English languages speaking and writing skills;
- The candidate is expected to demonstrate the following dimensions.
- High motivation and spirit in conservation;
- Demonstrated skills in teamwork;
- Positive and constructive approach with working with Lao Government staff.
Download Related files Below:
The work will start as soon as possible or by June 2020. Only Lao consulting firm should send its letter of interest and proposal via email to: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline of application: Monday, 8 June 2020 before 4 p.m. Vientiane Time.
Shortlisted applications will be contacted for interview.
Detailed of the ToR and CV template for individual expert can be downloaded from EPF website: www.laoepf.org.la/vacancy
Address and Contact numbers:
Institutional capacity building for protected area management and wildlife conservation Project. Department of Forestry (DoF), Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry (MAF), Thatdam Road, Hatsady Village, Chantabouly District, Vientiane Capital, Lao PDR.
Tel: +856 21 255628