Environment Protection Fund
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
Position Title: Technical Coordination, Monitoring Specialist
Location: DOF, MAF
Type of Contract: Time base
The Department of Forestry (Protected Area Management Division or PAMD) has received US $ 2.5 million from the Environment Protection Fund Office (EPFO), as the executing agency to implement the second Laos Environment and Social (LENS2) Project which is supported by the GEF fund (from Biodiversity, Land Degradation, and Sustainable Forest Management focal areas) $6.83 million and $32 million IDA funds (national and regional funding).
The Department of Forestry (Protected Area Management Division or PAMD) seeks to mobilize an experienced National Coordination, Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist to perform the following tasks under a full time position to support the PAMD subproject team.
Objective of the services
To support the PAMD Director, staff and other sub-project consultants to successfully implement the subproject and all other subprojects related to protected area management.
The following key qualifications and experience are required:
- Minimum of 10 years working experience related to project management including planning, budgeting, monitoring and evaluating activities;
- Minimum of 3 years working experience on large projects, and/or with international development agencies;
- Bachelor Degree (or higher) in business administration, management, or any field that includes management skills;
- At least one similar assignment successfully completed (with reference provided).
- Excellent in Lao and English speaking and writing skills;
- Computer skills, including Word, Excel, Power point and email.
The following additional qualifications would be an advantage:
- Experience related to project management, planning, monitoring and evaluation
- Experience with the World Bank and/or international financing projects;
- Some experience in community based conservation and multiple-use protected areas;
- Some experience in developing and/or reviewing environmental law, policy, guidelines, and strategies;
The candidate is expected to demonstrate the following skills during the interview.
- High motivation and spirit in conservation;
- Excellent communication skills both in Lao and English language;
- Demonstrated skills in teamwork
- Positive and constructive approach with working with Lao Government staff
Interested Candidates may obtain the detailed Terms of Reference from the EPF’s website and/or the address below during office hours 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM, Monday to Friday. Expressions of interest must be delivered in a written form to the address below (in person, or by mail, or by e-mail) by September 7, 2020. Only shortlist candidates will be contacted for an interview
Download Related files Below:
Institutional capacity building for protected area management and wildlife conservation Project. Department of Forestry (DoF), Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry (MAF)
Attn: Ms. Syphavanh Inthapatha, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
CC: Mr. Khampheng Phomphet, E-mail: email@example.com
Address: Thaddam Road, Hatsady Village, Chantabouly District, Vientiane, Lao P.D.R.
Tel: + 856 (020) 5564 9119