Environment Protection Fund
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
Position Title: SUB PROJECT COORDINATOR (I-GFLL PROJECT)
Location: Environment Protection Fund Office
Type of Contract: Time base
The Environmental Protection Fund (EPF) was established in 2005 with an aim to strengthen environmental protection, sustainable natural resources management, biodiversity conservation and community development in Lao PDR. EPF funding support is provided through the following financing windows: Policy Implementation and Capacity Enhancement (PICE), Biodiversity and Community Development (CBD), Water Resources Management (WRM), Pollution Control (PC), Sustainable Land Management (SLM) and Climate Change (CC). EPF beneficiaries can be individual, commercial entities, government organizations or civil society entities. Funding supports include non-refundable grants, preferential loans, interest rate subsidies, or a combination of these. EPF funding sources includes benefits from EPF endowment, contributions from investment projects, and funding supports from international organizations. EPF Office (EPFO) is responsible for day-to-day operations under policy guidance of EPF Board.
Currently the EPF is implementing the GIZ_GCF Project (FP117) ‘Implementation of the Lao PDR Emission Reductions Programme though improved governance and sustainable forest landscape management’ funded by BMZ and GCF. The GIZ and Government of Lao PDR represented by Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry (MAF) and Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment (MONRE) had signed the Grant Agreement for the project ‘Implementation of Governance, Forest landscapes and Livelihood (I-GFLL) which EPF as National Executing Entity has the mandate to manage the fund under EPF Climate Change Funding Window (REDD+ Funding Window in FP117) and channeling fund to targeted beneficiaries in three provinces (Sayaboury, Luang Prabang and Houaphan).
Environment Protection Fund is seeking qualified national candidate to fill the following positions below:
The Prime Minister Decree No 146/PM established EPF as a financially autonomous organization. However, per the revised EPF decree in 2017, EPF office is considered part of the Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment (MONRE).
Key Academic and Professional Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or higher preferably in areas related to environmental conservation/management, forest, ecology, rural/community development, social and environmental, engineering or similar.
- A minimum of 5 years of working experience in the development field preferably on natural resources management issues;
- Experience in both public and private sectors, working with public and private institutions in developing countries, preferably in Asia. Some work experience in Lao PDR is a strong advantage.
- Experience, with large or medium scale projects/programs supported by development projects, and other international organizations. An understanding of operational and procedural issues of GIZ and other donors supported projects has a strong advantage. Fluency in English writing is required.
- Knowledge of ESS and Gender is an advantage
- Solid interpersonal skills and willingness to work as part of a team;
Download Related files Below:
Interested individual consultants shall provide their updated curriculum vitae indicating personal and technical skills, academic qualifications, experience in similar assignments along with the name of at least three (3) referees with contact information (e-mail address, telephone or fax numbers) the available position is detail below
Consultants may obtain the detailed Terms of Reference from the address below during office hours 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM, Monday to Friday. Expressions of interest must be delivered in a written form to the address below (in person, or by mail, or by e-mail) by September 28th, 2020. Only shortlist candidates will be contacted for an interview
Attn: Mr. Kinnakone Chittavong, E-mail: email@example.com
Address: 2nd floor, Building No 100, Ministry of Natural Resource and Environment, Vientiane Capital, Lao PDR, P.O. Box: 7647, Tel: 021 252739; Fax: 021 252 741