Environment Protection Fund
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
Position Title: Project Assistant
Location: Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment, Department of Pollution Control and Monitoring
Type of Contract: Time base
Duration: 10 months with possible extension
Department of Pollution Control and Monitoring (DPCM) of the Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment has received a grant funded of $ 1,099,773 from the World Bank that would be supported through the grant from the Environmental Protection Fund (EPF) of Lao P.D.R to strengthen the PCDM capacity for Pollution Control, Waste and Hazardous Chemicals Management. DPCM has been mandated to implementing 3 components as 1) Strengthening for PCDM to develop and revise the legislations on pollution control, hazardous chemical, and wastes disposal. 2) Capacity building for PCDM and 18 provinces enforcement of the pollution prevention, control and hazardous waste management Regulation and develop the pollution inventory and annual report; 3) Subproject administration and monitoring. For this purpose, DPCM will recruit project coordinator to joint this project. Working under the direct supervision of the Project Manager of the DPCM. The project coordinator will work on the day to day coordinate the Project work and carry out assigned duties in accordance with the project framework to ensure compliance with the EPF and World Bank procedures.
Department of Pollution Control and Monitoring (DPCM) is seeking a qualified Lao candidate to fill the position of Project Assistant
The consultant will be selected under individual consultant selection method in accordance with the procedures set out in the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants by Bank Borrowers, dated January 2011.
The consultant is expected to possess the following qualification and experience:
• University degree, preferably in area of environment, pollution control, related field or equivalent;
• Proven and extensive experience in environmental and social impact assessment, and environmental management required
• At least 2 years’ experience and/or familiarity with international supported projects/programs;
• Familiarity with and experience in government institutions and procedures would be an advantage;
• Good administrative skills and organizational capacity;
• Proficiency in the use of information technology and good computer skills, particularly in the use of MS Office (MS Word, MS Excel, etc.); and
• Excellent command of both written and spoken English.
Download Related files Below:
Interested candidates should send CV including at least 3 reliable references and cover letter explaining their motivation as well as how his/her experience meets the requirement latest by 16:00 PM on April 23th, 2021 to below address. Detail Term of Reference will be provided upon request. Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted for confirmation or called for an interview.
Environment Protection Fund
2nd floor, MoNRE Building, Sidamduan Road, POBox: 7647, Vientiane Capital
Tel: (856-20) 252 739, Fax: (856-21) 252 741