Environment Protection Fund
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
Position Title: Gender and M&E Officer
Location: Department of Climate Change (DCC) Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment (MONRE)
Type of Contract: Time base
Duties and Responsibilities
• Lead the implementation of the Gender Action Plan and mainstream gender in the implementation of all activities;
• Integrate gender work into annual work plans and budgets;
• Support the development of TORs and implementation of participatory surveys, consultations, communication with beneficiary communities to ensure these are done in ways to maximize the participation and equal benefits to women;
• Provide inputs to the development of project outputs and knowledge products to reflect gender analysis, benefits, or options, where applicable;
• Ensure gender work is reported in Annual Performance Reports, Half-yearly Progress Reports, and other technical reports particularly good practices and lessons learned;
• Provide training to the National Project Management Unit, city-level focal points, on the project’s Gender Action Plan and gender mainstreaming;
• Identify partnerships with the National Women’s Union and other stakeholders to support the implementation of the Gender Action Plan.
• Oversee the work of the Baseline consultants in collecting baselines of project indicators;
• Support the development and refining and elaboration of indicators, scorecards, survey instruments, and define sources of information; Work with the Chief Technical Advisor and Baseline consultant/s in setting up the monitoring framework / system to report on indicators in the project results framework;
• Support the inclusion of reporting in terms of references of vendors and contractors (e.g. progress reporting on area of land restored, etc.);
• Provide training to PONREs and city-level focal points on monitoring and evaluation;
• Collect information on indicators on a regular basis for inclusion into technical reports, including Annual Performance Reports and Half-yearly Progress Reports; and
• Coordinate the inputs of the National Project Management Unit and Provincial-level focal points for the mid-term and terminal evaluations.
• Excellent communication, facilitation and inter-personal skills
• Conscientiousness and accuracy in reporting
• Team player
• Excellent presentation skills
Required Experience and Qualifications
• Master’s degree in social work, gender studies, social sciences, natural resources management, monitoring and evaluation, development studies, or related field;
• At least 7 years demonstrated experience and expertise on gender and monitoring and evaluation;
• Demonstrated expertise on project results frameworks;
• Demonstrated experience working with projects funded by bilateral or multilateral donors;
• Demonstrated experience in participatory approaches to development;
• Demonstrated experience in developing training materials and providing training;
• Experience on environmental monitoring, desirable; and
• Proficiency in Lao and English.
Download Related files Below:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their CV and cover letter with contact details of at least three professional referees including a financial proposal by October 12, 2021 to:
Climate Change Adaption Division
Department of Climate Change, MONRE
Cc: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only short-listed Candidates will be contacted for interview.