Environment Protection Fund
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
Position Title: rovincial Coordinator
Location: Provincial Natural Resources and Environment (PONRE), one position for Pakse (1), one position for Kaysone (1) and one position for Paksan (1).
Type of Contract:
|Location:||Provincial Natural Resources and Environment (PONRE), one position for Pakse (1), one position for Kaysone (1) and one position for Paksan (1).|
|Project Title:||Building resilience of urban populations with ecosystem-based solutions in Lao PDR|
|Period of assignment/Duration:||1 year with possibility of extension of up to 2.5 years subject to organizational requirements, availability of funds and satisfactory performance|
|Expected Starting Date:||As soon as possible|
The project “Building resilience of urban populations with ecosystem-based solutions in Lao PDR” was approved by the Green Climate Fund Board on November 2019 with a GCF grant of US$ 10 million. United Nations Environment Programme serves as the Accredited Entity for the project. Activities will be executed by the State of Lao, PDR through the Ministry of Finance and Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment and UNEP. The project will be implemented across five years covering four provincial capitals in the country: Vientiane, Paksan, Savannakhet, and Pakse.
The Provincial Coordinators will be a full-time position for 1 year with possibility of extension of up to 2.5 years subject to organizational requirements, availability of funds and satisfactory performance. The contract shall be reviewed and approved annually for continuation based on satisfactory performance assessment.
In order to be considered for the position, the candidates should meet the following qualifications and experience requirements:
- At least Bachelor’s Degree in Natural Resources Management, Environmental Science, or similar field;
- Training in Project Management
- At least 5 years work experience on project management and coordination in the field of natural resources management, climate change adaptation and/or disaster risk reduction;
- Demonstrated experience in project planning, implementing and monitoring
- Demonstrated experience in financial management of projects with bilateral or multilateral support / funding;
- Experience managing projects funded by the GCF, GEF, World Bank or other international donors is desirable.
- Demonstrated experience using software such as MS Excel;
- Proficiency in Lao and English
Interested eligible consultant to provide information indicating that you are qualified to perform the services (curriculum vitae with expressions of interest and references) and indicate which Provincial coordinator you apply for. Expressions of interest must be delivered in a written form to the address below (in person or by mail or by e-mail) by 15th December 2022, 16:00 o’clock local time. Detail Term of Reference (TOR) can be downloaded from website: https://www.laoepf.org.la. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for confirmation or called for an interview.
Source of information
Environment Protection Fund, 2nd floor, MoNRE Building, Sidamdouan Road, PO Box: 7647, Vientiane, Lao PDR,Tel: (856-21)252739; Fax: (856-21)252741;
Attn: Mr. Phonepaseuth LUANGLATH, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mobile: (+856 20 222 00 887)