Monitoring and Evaluation Officer (MEO)
The Environment Protection Fund (EPF) is a financially autonomous institution under the Government Office. It was established in 2005 to strengthen environmental protection, sustainable natural resource management, biodiversity management and community development in Lao PDR. It manages an endowment provided by the Asian Development Bank (ADB) and voluntary contributions from hydropower and mining companies. In addition, the Government of Lao PDR (GoL) received financing from the World Bank which it has entrusted EPF to implement through its standard sub-project mechanism in three of its five financing windows (Community and Biodiversity Investment (CBI), Policy Implementation and Capacity Enhancement (PICE) and Water Resource Management (WRM). The EPF responds to a Board, chaired by the Deputy Prime Minister and co-chaired by the Minister of Finance and is managed by a secretariat, the EPF Office (EPFO). A Technical Committee (TC) has been appointed to assist with sub-project review, approval and supervision.
EPF is looking for an experience M&E specialist who can lead all EPFO M&E staff and help EPFO meet its requirements especially the LENS2 project which will involve probably around 50-60 substantial sub-projects spanning several sectors at national and provincial levels. Candidates should demonstrate strong skills and core competencies to deliver and attain results expected above, along with ability to travel frequently, interpersonal relations and strong communication skills, and in working effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse working environment. It is also expected that he/she should be adequately experienced in and comfortable working with public institutions similar to those in project document context.
Key Academic and Professional Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree or higher preferably in areas related to monitoring and evaluation, statistics, natural resources management, engineering, or other relevant degree.
• A minimum of 8 years of relevant working experience related to M&E of investment projects/activities preferably on issues related to sustainable use of natural resources in conservation/protection areas and watershed, and/or water resources and environmental management at local level is preferred.
• For the candidate with Master or higher degree with experience on M&E and local issues related to natural resources, the minimum year of experience could be lower but not less than 5 years.
• Leadership and training experience would be a strong advantage.
• Experience with operational, and procedural issues of WB and ADB supported projects would be a strong advantage.
• Proficiency in English speaking and writing is required.
• Strong commitment and interpersonal skills and willingness to work as part of a team.
• Demonstrated interest for nature and wildlife conservation.
• Willing to travel and spend time in provinces;
Interested candidates should send CV including at least 3 reliable references and cover letter explaining their motivation as well as how their experience meets the requirement latest by 16:00 PM on November 10th, 2017 to below address. Detail Term of Reference will be provided upon request. Only short listed candidates will be contacted for confirmation or called for an interview.
Source of information
Environment Protection Fund,
2nd floor, MoNRE Building, Sidamdouan Road, POBox: 7647, Vientiane
Tel: (856-21)252739; Fax: (856-21)252741;
Please Click Download Bottom for download ‘ToR’ File