Position: Procurement officer
Work location: Vientiane Capital
The Environment Protection Fund (EPF) is a financially autonomous institution under the Government Office. It was established in 2005 to strengthen environmental protection, sustainable natural resource management, biodiversity management and community development in Lao PDR. It manages an endowment provided by the Asian Development Bank (ADB) and voluntary contributions from hydropower and mining companies. In addition, the Government of Lao PDR (GoL) received financing from the World Bank which it has entrusted EPF to implement through its standard sub-project mechanism in two of its five financing windows (Community and Biodiversity Investment (CBI) and Policy Implementation and Capacity Enhancement (PICE). The EPF responds to a Board, chaired by the Deputy Prime Minister and co-chaired by the Minister of Finance and is managed by a secretariat, the EPF Office (EPFO). A Technical Committee (TC) has been appointed to assist with sub-project review, approval and supervision
Environment Protection Fund is seeking a qualified Lao candidate to fill the position of Procurement Officer
The consultant will be selected under individual consultant selection method in accordance with the procedures set out in the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants by Bank Borrowers, dated January 2011.
Specific tasks and responsibilities will include below here but not limited:
• Coordinates with the World Bank, national and local governments, contractors, and Consultants regarding all procurement matters relevant to EPF operations;
• Review and update procurement plan for all goods and works to be procured;
• Prepare bidding documents, bid advertisements, and bid evaluation reports. Prepare Request for Proposals for employment of consultants, evaluation report etc.;
• Conducting bid opening, preparation of the minutes of bid opening, participating in evaluation of the bids and preparation of bid evaluation report with recommendations for the award of contract: participating in evaluation of consultants’ proposals and preparation of evaluation report
The consultant is expected to possess the following qualification and experience:
• Minimum Bachelor Degree in Business Administration, Engineering, Commerce, Law or relevant degree. Advance degree is an advantage.
• Experience in procurement field of at least 5 years.
• Experience in working with international organization or Donors projects is an advantage.
• Have the ability to communicate in English
• Computer proficiency and internet skills.
Interested candidates should send CV including at least 3 reliable references and cover letter explaining their motivation as well as how their experience meets the requirement latest by 16:00 PM on December 8th, 2017 to below address. Detail Term of Reference will be provided upon request, only short listed candidates will be called for an interview.
Environment Protection Fund
2nd floor, MoNRE Building, Sidamduan Road, Vientiane Capital
Tel: (856-20) 252 739, Fax: (856-21) 252 741
Please Click Download Bottom for download ‘ToR’ File