Financial Management Head (Senior FM Consultant)
Title: Financial Management Head (Senior FM Consultant)
Location: EPF Office in Vientiane with trips to other Project Provinces
1. The Environment Protection Fund (EPF) is a financially autonomous institution under the Government Office. It was established in 2005 to strengthen environmental protection, sustainable natural resource management, biodiversity management and community development in Lao PDR. It manages an endowment provided by the Asian Development Bank (ADB) and voluntary contributions from hydropower and mining companies. In addition, the Government of Lao PDR (GoL) received financing from the World Bank which it has entrusted EPF to implement through its standard sub-project mechanism in three of its five financing windows (Community and Biodiversity Investment (CBI), Policy Implementation and Capacity Enhancement (PICE) and Water Resource Management (WRM). The EPF responds to a Board, chaired by the Deputy Prime Minister and co-chaired by the Minister of Finance and is managed by a secretariat, the EPF Office (EPFO). A Technical Committee (TC) has been appointed to assist with sub-project review, approval and supervision.
Experience and qualifications
Candidates should demonstrate skills and core competencies to deliver and attain results expected above, along with ability in interpersonal relation and communication, and in working effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse working environment. It is also expected he/she should be adequately experienced in and comfortable working with public institutions similar to those in project document context. Key Academic and Professional Qualifications:
• At Least a Bachelor qualification in relevant field such as: accounting and finance. Local or international professional accounting qualifications is highly desirable.
• A sound knowledge in accounting and financial reporting, including at least 7 years of professional experience in similar position in accounting or financial management.
• Experience with the World Bank projects or other major donors are an advantage.
• Experience in setting up financial management system and providing training in accounting and finance will be an advantage.
• Good PC/systems literacy, including strong excel skills, skills in using computerized accounting software is highly required.
• Fluency in Lao and English (strong written and spoken skills).
• Good understanding of Government institutional and budgetary structures and ability to work with a range of agencies at national, provincial and local level.
• Able to lead and work in a team, with close cooperation and coordination with key line Ministries, World Bank team and other counterparts.
• Reliable, independent and dynamic worker with high social competence and good team spirit.
• Good interpersonal skills and result orientation.
• Willing to travel and spend time in provinces;
• Women, are strongly encouraged to apply;
Consultants may obtain the detailed Terms of Reference from the address below during office hours 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM, Monday to Friday. Expressions of interest must be delivered in a written form to the address below (in person, or by e-mail) by December 8, 2017, only short listed candidates will be called for an interview.
Source of information
Attn: Mr. Khonesavanh Xoumpholphakdy, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Environment Protection Fund,
2nd floor, MoNRE Building, Sidamdouan Road, POBox: 7647, Vientiane
Tel: (856-21)252739; Fax: (856-21)252741;
Please Click Download Bottom for download ‘ToR’ File