Operation Unit Head
Position: Operation Unit Head
Work location: Vientiane Capital
The Environment Protection Fund (EPF) is a government fund established in 2005 to strengthen environmental protection, sustainable natural resource management, biodiversity management and community development in Lao PDR. It manages an endowment provided by the Asian Development Bank (ADB) and voluntary contributions from hydropower and mining companies. In addition, the Government of Lao PDR (GoL) received financing from the World Bank which it has entrusted EPF to implement through its standard sub-project mechanism in two of its five financing windows (Community and Biodiversity Investment (CBI) and Policy Implementation and Capacity Enhancement (PICE). The EPF responds to a Board, chaired by the Deputy Prime Minister and co-chaired by the Minister of Finance and is managed by a secretariat, the EPF Office (EPFO). A Technical Committee (TC) has been appointed to assist with sub-project review, approval and supervision
Environment Protection Fund is seeking a qualified Lao candidate to fill the position of Operation Unit Head
The consultant will be selected under individual consultant selection method in accordance with the procedures set out in the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants by Bank Borrowers, dated January 2011.
The consultant is expected to possess the following qualification and experience:
• Master’s degree or higher preferably in areas related to business administration, management, environmental or natural resources management, rural/community development, engineering, or equivalent.
• A minimum of 10 years of relevant working experience overall preferably on natural resources management issues;
• Experience in both public and private sectors, working with public and private institutions in developing countries, preferably in Asia. Some work experience in Lao PDR is a strong advantage.
• Fluency in English speaking and writing is required.
• Solid leadership and interpersonal skills and willingness to work as part of a team;
• Minimum understanding of project fiduciary functions such as procurement, budgeting and financial management.
• An understanding of operational and procedural issues of WB and ADB supported projects has a strong advantage
Interested candidates should send CV including at least 3 reliable references and cover letter explaining their motivation as well as how his/her experience meets the requirement latest by 16:00 PM on February 24th, 2018 to below address. Detail Term of Reference will be provided upon request. Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted for confirmation or called for an interview.
Environment Protection Fund
2nd floor, MoNRE Building, Sidamduan Road, POBox: 7647, Vientiane Capital
Tel: (856-20) 252 739, Fax: (856-21) 252 741
Please Click Download Bottom for download ‘ToR’ File