Title: Accountant Clerk
Duration: 12 months (Renewable – subject to satisfactory performance and business needs).
The National Institute for Economic Research (NIER) and Department of Planning (DoP), Ministry of Planning and Investment (MPI), so called Sub-project Delivery Agency (SDA) received the financial support from the Environmental Protection Fund (EPF) under Lao Environmental and Social Project phase II (LENS II), which is decided to support on Policy Implementation and Capacity Enhancement (PICE) comprising of 3 components, namely, Component 1: Building political momentum and public support knowledge dissemination about green growth, Component 2: Green growth definition for Lao PDR and how it should be carried out and green growth mainstreaming, and Component 3: Sub-project management and implement support. The main objective of this sub-project is to enhance NIER and DoP’s capacity to incorporate green growth vision into the planning and monitoring of national, sub-national and sectorial plans, particularly, supporting NIER and DoP in drafting “Green Growth Strategy” and establishment of “Green Growth Promotion Center for Lao PDR”.
The assignment to accountant will responsible for ensuring the project funds are allocated to an appropriate goods, works and services in accordance with the project procurement plan and project budget. And guarantee that accurate records of project spending, invoices and other records of financial transaction, payment and fund received are well kept. This assignment is to be performed on a full-time basis, based at the NIER’s office, which includes some travelling to provinces.
Key Experience and qualifications
• Ensure all financial transactions are accurately approved and timely booked according to the Financial Management Policy and Procedures for sub-project implementation.
• Account payable function such as invoice processing, cheque run and etc
• Responsible for the overall financial management of the project funds, i.e. managing project expenditure and funds received (accounts payable and accounts receivable)
• Record and report on project expenditure and funds received to EPF on quarterly basis and per requirement under the Financial Management Policy and Procedures
• Responsible for preparing month ends closing, petty cash and bank reconciliations
• Monitor and track of project assets and report back to EPF
• Liaise and prepare documentation for internal and external auditors
• Manage and monitor advances with concern implementing agencies for timely clearing and reporting of the expenditure
• Work closely with a project assistant and an administrative staff to prepare request letters and communications for project funds from EPF
The Qualification and experience required are as follow:
• Minimum 3 years working in a financial or accounting role
• At least a Diploma in Accounting or Finance, or Business Management
• Excellent communication skills, including email management
• Project management experience
• Excellent word processing skills (MS Word and MS Excel)
Other desirable experience and skills:
• Demonstrated interest for economic development and environmental knowledge is a plus
• Written and spoken fluency in English is preferred
Interested candidates should send CV including at least 3 reliable references and cover letter explaining their motivation as well as how their experience meets the requirement by no later than 16:00 PM on February 28th, 2018 to below address. Detail Term of Reference could be downloaded from below address. Only short listed candidates will be contacted for interview.
Source of information
Ms. Amphayvan CHANMANY
National Institute for Economic Research, Tel: 020 5296 3177, Email: email@example.com
Please Click Download Bottom for download ‘ToR’ File