Environment Protection Fund
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
Position Title: Accountant Clerk (National)
Location: Vientiane Capital
Employment Status: Consultant
Duration: 10 months (Renewable – subject to satisfactory erformance and business needs).
The Environment Protection Fund (EPF) is a government fund established in 2005 to strengthen environmental protection, sustainable natural resource management, biodiversity management and community development in Lao PDR. Government of Lao PDR (GOL) received financing from the World Bank which it has entrusted EPF to implement through its standard sub-project mechanism in two of its five financing windows (Community and Biodiversity Investment (CBI), Policy Implementation and Capacity Enhancement (PICE). The EPF responds to a Board, chaired by the Minister of Natural Resource and Environment and is managed by a secretariat, the EPF Office (EPFO). A Technical Committee (TC) has been appointed to assist with sub-project review, approval and supervision.
National Academy of Politics and Public Administration (NAPPA) has received a $200,000 from the Environment Protection Fund Office (EPFO), executing agency to implement the second Laos Environment and Social (LENS2) project. The project aimed to enhance a systematically knowledge on environmental economics and understanding of the state policies and laws on environmental and social management for the key staff and teachers in NAPPA, leaders and managers from varios government agencies in both central and provincial levels by creating curriculums on Environmental and Social Management to support the teaching and learning programs in NAPPA to improve their knowledge on ESM that link to the tasks in the longer-term.
National Academy of Politics and Public Administration (NAPPA) is looking for an experienced Project Coordinator to undertake the above-mentioned services. The consultant shall be selected in accordance with the procedures set out in Section V, Selection of Individual Consultants under the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants by Bank Borrowers, dated January 2011.
Key Experience and qualifications
- Ensure all financial transactions are accurately approved and timely booked according to the Financial Management policies and procedures for sub project implementation
- Account payable function such as invoice processing, cheque runs etc…for suppliers, consultants etc..
- Responsible for the overall financial management of the project funds ie managing project expenditures and funds received (accounts payable and accounts receivable)
- Recording and reporting on project expenditures and funds received to EPF at least on a monthly basis as per requirement under the Financial Management policies and procedures
- Responsible to prepare month ends closing, petty cash and bank reconciliations
- Monitor and track of project assets, and report back to EPF
- Liaise and prepare documentation for internal and external auditors
- Manage and monitor advances with concerned implementing agencies for timely clearing and reporting of the expenditures
- Working closely with project administrative staff to prepare request letters and communications for project funds from EPF
The Qualification and experience required are as follow:
- Minimum 3 years working in a financial or accounting role
- At least a Diploma in Accounting or Business Management, or finance
- Excellent communication skills, including email management
- Project management experience
- Excellent word processing skills (MS Word, MS Excel)
Interested candidates should send CV including at least 3 reliable references and cover letter explaining their motivation as well as how their experience meets the requirement by no later than 16:00 PM on January 21rst, 2019 to below address. Detail Term of Reference could be downloaded from below address. Only short listed candidates will be contacted for interview.
Source of information
Click Download ‘ToR’ File
National Academy of Politics and Public Administration. Thagnone Village, Saythany District, Vientiane Capital, Lao PDR. Tel: & Fax: (856) 21 84401 or Mr. Phim Inkhamseng Tel 02099801321, www..laoepf.org.la