Environment Protection Fund
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
Position Title: National/International Monitoring and Evaluations and Database System Consultant
Location: NIER Building, Vientiane, Lao PDR
Employment Status: Full Time
The National Institute for Economic Research (NIER) (the Recipient) has been allocated grant funds (the “Grant”) which are administered by the International Development Association (IDA) (the “Bank”) and executed by the Lao Environment and Social Project Phase II (“the Client”) and intends to apply part of the proceeds of these funds towards the Contract for Monitoring and Evaluations and Database System Consultanting Services for the National Institute for Economic Research.
Objectives of the consulting services
The Monitoring and Evaluations (M&E) and Database System Consultant will work closely with the Department of Planning (DOP), MPI and the National Institute for Economic Research (NIER) to (1) Refine and consolidate the M&E Framework for the National Green Growth Strategy; (2) Create the M&E Handbook focusing on Developing Green Growth Indicators; (3) Establish advanced M&E database system. Finally, the consultant will deliver specific trainings to build the internal M&E and ensure a full command of M&E aspects.
Main responsibilities :
- Develop substantive/technical methodology and tools for monitoring and evaluation for Green Growth Strategy Prioritization areas and activities as well as the data base system,
- Work with subproject delivery agencies (“SDA” g., concerned ministries, development partners/ beneficiaries) to assess the level of capacity and realistic approach to support their adoption of the discipline of results-based management,
- Provide technical assistance to build and strengthen the MPI in particular the DOP’s and NIER’s capacity on how to develop concept of results-based management, monitoring, evaluations, advanced database system and basic analytical skills for reporting and,
- Build clear collaboration mechanism and working relationship for the M&E team (Technical team) with the management team, subproject coordinators, financial management team, with aims to ensure that M&E team is able to work with reliable input from other team
- Minimum Master degree in statistics, social sciences, international development, or related field,
- Minimum 10 years of professional working experience of which 5 years at the international level, 5 years experiences on M&E of development programs (environment sector is a plus) or project management,
- Ability to lead the design and implementation of M&E systems and approaches,
- Knowledge of theory of change, results based management concepts and tools,
- Experience in data collection, analysis and management including relevant software is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills to transfer the knowledge and improve the capacity of the M&E Team,
- Experience in organizing and delivering training workshops (on results-based management) is a plus and Working experience in the Lao context is also a
Click Download ‘ToR’ File
Interested National /International Consultant can submit the application and CV included their offer details cost in electronic files to the address or email below no later than 3/05/2019, 16:30 to the address of NIER Office, Km6, Kaisone Phomevihanh Avenue, Sivilay Vill, Xaythany Dist, VTE capital. Tele 21 716028. Details of this TOR services can be download at Website Environment protection Fund (EPF) or request by email Vipaka.firstname.lastname@example.org. Please cc email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org