Environment Protection Fund
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
Position Title: Information Management expert (Lao National)
Employment Status: Full Time
Position: Information Management expert (Lao National)
Five month contract with possible extension (subject to Performance assessment)
The Department of Forest Inspection (DOFI), of the Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry (MAF), was established in 2008. It is the lead agency with prime responsibilities associated with investigation and enforcement activities under the Forestry Law 2007 No06/NA, and the Wildlife and Aquatic Law 2007 No07/NA, of the GOL.
The DoFI has developed a computer-based information management system (IMS) which is located at the DoFI headquarters in Vientiane. The IMS is currently used to collect, record, store, access and analyse data from a wide range of information relating to wildlife and other forest law enforcement activities carried out in the Lao PDR. Information needed to be included in the IMS is: information reports from citizens, offences and suspicious activity reported by law enforcement agencies, reported crimes, arrests, searches, patrols, motor vehicle inspections, market inspections, wildlife and timber confiscations, volumes and quantities, property and equipment confiscations, offenders and suspects information, locations and addresses of crimes and offences, and activities performed by law enforcement personnel.
The Department of Forest Inspection (DOFI), of the Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry (MAF) is seeking qualified national candidate for the position of Information Management Expert
OBJECTIVE OF THE SERVICES
The objective of the assignment is to provide technical assistance in the development and management of the DOFI IMS to enable accurate recording and reporting of operational data and information received from provincial and central level departments.
- Collate and analyse information/data received from provincial Forestry offices and Lao WEN agencies. Produce reports as required.
- Develop, maintain and manage information/data analysis systems capable of producing reports/documents
- Conduct software/operating system updates on the IMS (Data base) system including crime INFO.
- The IMS team will expand as the crime INFO system becomes fully operational. Additional staff will be required.
- Provide training and support on information for staff on information systems and management
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCES
The following are key qualifications and experiences required for selection criteria:
- Graduate – minimum of bachelor degree in information system or similar program design with related professional experience of at least five years.
- Ability to extract and analyse information.
- Experienced in developing and managing IMS operating systems.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Advanced technical writing skills.
- Knowledge of information technology, analytical software and database programs, operating systems and computer hardware platforms.
- Prior experience with data management of data sets from law enforcement agencies
- Knowledge of criminal intelligence processes.
- Ability to speak and write English language is an advantage
Click Download ‘ToR’ File
Interested individual Consultant may download detailed Term of Reference from Environment protection Fund Website https://www.laoepf.org.la Expression of Interest must be submitted to the address below no later than August 14 th 2019.
Mr Khamphone BOUNTHAVY, Deputy Director of Wildlife and Aquatic Inspection Division
Mr. Bouaphanh PHANTHAVONG, Ms Souninthone PHALAKHONE, Technical Procurement
Department of Forest Inspection, Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry
P.O. Box 1888, Vientiane, Lao PDR, Tel: (+856-20) 96211288 , 020 58059021 , Fax: (+856-21) 216 508