Environment Protection Fund
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
Position Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist
Employment Status: Lumpsum
Position: Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist
Duration of the assignment: 80 man-days during end of 2019-mid 2021
The Environmental Protection Fund (EPF) was established in 2005 with an aim to strengthen environmental protection, sustainable natural resources management, biodiversity conservation and community development in Lao PDR. EPF funding support is provided through the following financing windows: Policy Implementation and Capacity Enhancement (PICE), Community and Biodiversity Investments (CBI), Water Resources Management (WRM), Pollution Control (PC, and Sustainable Land Management (SLM). EPF beneficiaries can be individual, commercial entities, government organizations or civil society entities. Funding supports include non-refundable grants, preferential loans, interest rate subsidies, or a combination of these. EPF funding sources includes benefits from EPF endowment, contributions from investment projects, and funding supports from international organizations. EPF Office (EPFO) is responsible for day-to-day operations under policy guidance of EPF Board. In 2017, the EPF decree was revised and the new Board has been established while EPF organization is part of MONRE.
Environment Protection Fund now invites eligible Individual Consultants to indicate their interest in providing the required services. Interested individual consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the following qualifications and relevant experience to perform the services:
- Higher education degree (at least master degree) in policy, economics, natural or social sciences, international development, or other field in which EPF invests.
- Minimum 10 years of professional experience, of which 5 years at the international level, 5 years of experience with M&E of environmental, climate, biodiversity, or development programs or project management.
- Ability to lead the design and implementation of M&E systems and approaches.
- Ability to communicate in professional written and spoken English.
- Knowledge of theory of change, results based management concepts and tools.
- Experience in data collection, analysis, and management, including relevant software is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills to transfer the knowledge and improve the capacity of EPF M&E team.
- Experience in organizing and delivering training workshops (on results based management), Experience working in the Lao context is a plus.
Interested Consultants may download detailed Term of Reference from EPF Website. Expressions of interest must be delivered in a written form to the address below (in person or by mail or by e-mail) by September 26, 2019.
Click Download ‘ToR’ File
Environmental Protection Fund Office, 2nd floor, Building No 100, Ministry of Natural Resource and Environment, Vientiane Capital, Lao PDR, P.O. Box: 7647, Tel: 021 252739; Fax: 021 252 741, http:/www.laoepf.org.la,
Attn: Mr. Khonesavanh Xoumphonphakdy, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org