Environment Protection Fund
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
Position Title: Project Coordinator
Employment Status: Full Time
Duration: 12 months (Renewable – subject to satisfactory performance and business needs)
The Environment Protection Fund (EPF) is a government fund established in 2005 to strengthen environmental protection, sustainable natural resource management, biodiversity management and community development in Lao PDR. Government of Lao PDR (GoL) received financing from the World Bank which it has entrusted EPF to implement through its standard sub-project mechanism in two of its five financing windows (Community and Biodiversity Investment (CBI), Policy Implementation and Capacity Enhancement (PICE). The EPF responds to a Board, chaired by the Minister of Natural Resource and Environment and is managed by a secretariat, the EPF Office (EPFO). A Technical Committee (TC) has been appointed to assist with sub-project review, approval and supervision.
Lao Customs Department (LCD) is a core member of Lao-WEN and could play a more significant role if its anti-smuggling capabilities were strengthened in respect to wildlife, timber and non-timber forest product (NTFP), and greater attention was paid to prioritizing enforcement of wildlife, timber and non-timber forest product (NTFP) smuggling.
The incumbent is required to strongly support the Customs capacity building on combating illegal wildlife, timber and non-timber forest product (NTFP) trade and law enforcement is implementing the 4 year project of US$ 600.000 financing by Environment Protection Fund Office (EPFO) to help strengthen selected environmental protection management systems, specifically for protected areas conservation, enforcement of wildlife laws, and environmental assessment management.
Lao Customs Department (LCD) is looking for an experienced Project Coordinator to undertake the above-mentioned services. The consultant shall be selected in accordance with the procedures set out in Section V, Selection of Individual Consultants under the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants by Bank Borrowers, dated January 2011.
- At least Bachelor’s degree preferably in areas related to natural resources management, environmental conservation/management, forest, ecology, economic/rural/community development, social and environmental, engineering or similar.
- Minimum 5-years working experience in project implementation and/or management;
- Experience in at least one similar assignment (i.e project management role with government agencies or development agencies, reference required).
- Minimum of 2 years working on large projects, and/or with international development agencies;
- Demonstrated experience in project management and project reporting, including monitoring activities, and developing Annual Work Plans and Budgets;
- Demonstrated skills in teamwork;
- Problem solving skills and be able to work across diversified culture to deal with emerging problems jointly with co-workers and project partners;
- Excellent communication skills and fluency in Lao;
- Excellent English speaking and writing;
Interested candidates should send CV including at least 3 reliable references and cover letter explaining their motivation as well as how their experience meets the requirement by no later than 16:00 PM on January17, 2020 to below address. Detail Term of Reference could be downloaded from below address. Only short listed candidates will be contacted for interview.
Click Download ‘ToR’ File
Lao Customs Department, Ministry of Finance, Customs Control and Anti-Smuggling Divisions 1, 2, 3
Nongbone Villlage, Saysettha District, Vientiane Capital, Lao PDR.