Environment Protection Fund
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
Position Title: Consulting Services of a National Translator (Lao National Only)
Location: Department of Forestry (DOF)
As part of the Second Lao Environment and Social Project (LENS2) implementation, a number of national, regional, and/or international consultants will be mobilized to assist the various SDAs to implement the sub-projects. One priority SDA is the Department of Forestry (DOF). DOF has received a $2,8 million to implement a subproject entitled Institutional capacity building for protected area management and wildlife conservation. The sub-project objective is: to strengthen the policy and institutional framework and DOF’s capacity to protect and manage the National Protected Areas and the National Protection Forest (NPF) systems.
Department of Forestry (DOF) now invites eligible individual consultants to submit your application with cover letter indicating technical skills, academic qualifications, experience in similar assignments and updated curriculum vitae along with the name of at least three (3) referees with contact information (e-mail address, telephone or fax numbers).
Objective of the services
The objective of the consultancy is to support DOF to seek a qualified national translator to assist DOF and the subproject to translate documents, and provide translation during meetings and workshops.
The minimum qualifications requirements are:
- Professional Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) in English language translation;
- Have some good knowledge in protected area and protection forest management and wildlife conservation, environmental science an advance;
Adequacy to assignment:
- Minimum of 5 years of work experience related to English-Lao-English translation;
- At least two similar assignments successfully completed in the past 10 years, with supporting reports (with reference provided).
- Experience of working with government and international agencies in Lao PDR.
- Excellent computer skills, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and email.
- Excellent in Lao and English written and verbal communication skills.
The candidate is expected to demonstrate the following dimensions.
- High motivation and spirit in conservation;
- Demonstrated skills in teamwork;
- Positive and constructive approach with working with Lao Government staff.
Download Related files Below:
The work will start as soon as possible or by March 2020. Interested and qualified candidates, especially female applicants are invited to apply by sending a cover letter mentioning the position you are applying for with an up-to-date CV in English and copies of relevant documents, to the address below (in person, or by mail, or by e-mail) by Friday, 21 February 2020.
Department of Forestry
Ministry of agriculture and Forestry
Thatdam Road, Hatsady Village, Chanthabouly District, Vientiane Capital.
Attn: Ms. Syphavanh Inthapatha, Project Coordinator.
Telephone: 021 255628